What Parents Need To Know About Child Sexual Abuse – a pamphlet from DCF Family Services
- National Child Traumatic Stress Network:
- The Trauma Center at Justice Resource Institute
- Sidran Institute: Traumatic Stress Education & Advocacy
- Child Trauma Academy (Dr. Bruce Perry)
- Child Trauma Institute (Dr. Ricky Greenwald)
- David Baldwin’s Trauma Information Pages
- The Anna Institute
- Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE) Study
- National Center for Children in Poverty
- Vermont Network against domestic violence and sexual violence
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- National Center on Domestic Violence, Trauma and Mental Health
- Heal the Hurt: Helping torture survivors heal
- Safer Society Foundation - A national, non-profit agency that provides services related to the prevention and treatment of sexual abuse. PO Box 340 Brandon, VT 05733-0340 (802) 247-3132
- Vermont Agency of Human Services Trauma policy
- The Anna Institute
- SAMHSA’s National Center for Trauma-Informed Care
- “Creating Trauma-Informed Child-Serving Systems” (NCTSN)
- “Using Trauma Theory to Design Service Systems." Fallot, R. and Harris, M. (2001)
- Report on "Understanding the Current Mental Health Needs of Children Experiencing Domestic Violence in Vermont: Recommendations for Enhancing and Improving Responses" from The Vermont Network Against Domestic Violence and Sexual Assualt, DCF Family Services, and the Vermont Center for Crime Victim Services
- "Complex Trauma in Children and Adolescents"
- “Intertwining Nature of Attachment and Trauma”
- “Complex Child Trauma”
- “Understanding Child Traumatic Stress” brochure (NCTSN)
- “What Happened to My World? Helping children cope with natural disaster and catastrophe” (2005) Greenman, Jim.
- “Helping Traumatized Children Learn” (2005)
- “Behind Closed Doors” Laura Cain, J.D., Managing Attorney of the Adult Mental Health Unit at the Maryland Disability Law Center. To request a free copy of the film, please contact the law center by email: email@example.com or by phone 410-727-6352, ext. 0.
- The National Child Traumatic Stress Network (NCTSN). Archived audio and power point slides from web-cast trainings can be found on the NCTSN learning center site.
- The Trauma Center at JRI has work by Dr. Bessel van der Kolk, Dr. Margaret Blaustein, etc. They also offer certificate training programs.
- The Child Trauma Academy website has articles and handouts including work by Dr. Bruce Perry on the neurobiological impact of trauma on children.
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) offers web-based training for clinicians. This website also has resources for therapists, parents, and children which are helpful even if not participating in the web-training program.