This report provides data about Vermont Psychiatric Care Hospital’s quality of care, patient safety, hospital-acquired infections, nurse staffing, patient perceptions of care, and pricing and financial health. In addition, it provides information about the hospital’s quality improvement initiatives, strategic initiatives, governance, and process for filing a complaint. To view this information, click on any of the topics below.
QUALITY OF CARE AND HEALTHCARE-ACQUIRED INFECTION INFORMATION
This Report gives consumers care quality information to help them make more informed decisions about their healthcare options.This includes providing consumers with data about quality measures that aim to assess and foster improvement in the quality of care provided to patients with mental illness. The following measures are included:
- Hours of physical restraint
- Hours of seclusion use
- Patient discharged on multiple antipsychotic medication
- Alcohol use screening, and intervention provided or offered
- Tobacco use screening, and intervention provided or offered
- Follow-up after hospitalization
- Influenza immunization for patients
- Influenza vaccination coverage for healthcare workers
NURSE STAFFING INFORMATION
Nursing Care Hours Per Patient Day refers to the number of hours of nursing care provided on a hospital unit, compared to the number of patients on that unit during a 24-hour period. A higher number may indicate that a hospital provides a higher level of patient care.
- To view the Vermont Psychiatric Care Hospital's report, please click Here.
- To view the other Vermont Hospitals reports, please click Here.
PATIENT PERCEPTIONS OF CARE
The Vermont Psychiatric Care Hospital administers a hospital survey of how our patients rated their experiences during recent inpatient stays. However, due to small number of patients and low response rate, this information will not be published this year.
FINANCIAL AND PRICING INFORMATION
This Section provides information on Vermont Psychiatric Care Hospital's:
- Budget summary
- Financial information and benchmarks
- Cost shift information
- Hospital spending
- Top 20 inpatient admissions, and their hospital charges
- Discount And Free Care Policy
OTHER INFORMATION ABOUT VERMONT PSYCHIATRIC CARE HOSPITAL
You can read about the Quality Improvement Projects we have undertaken to make patient care safer and more effective.
Read about Strategic Initiatives to meet health care needs in our community and opportunities for public participation in strategic planning.
Public participation: Hospital Governance section includes our public meeting schedule and contact information.
We encourage the consumers to voice their complaints, concerns, or suggestions. Here's information abou the Hospital Complaint Process.