2011 VSH Hospital Report Card
This report provides data about Vermont State Hospital's quality of care, nurse staffing, patient perceptions of care, pricing and financial health. In addition, it provides information about the hospital’s quality improvement initiatives, strategic initiatives, governance and process for filing a complaint. To view this information, click on any of the topics below.
Quality of Care Information
- Patient Safety - See information about Patient Falls.
- Screening and Assessment - See information about Admission Screening.
- Care Planning - See information about Treatment Planning, Discharge Planning, and Post-Discharge Continuing Care Plans.
- Infection Rates - See information about Hospital-Acquired Infections.
- Readmission and Other Inpatient Mental Health Performance Indicators - See information about Readmission Rates and other characteristics of inpatient care.
Nurse Staffing Information
See information about nursing care hours per patient day.
See process for patient feedback about their hospital experience.
Pricing and Financial Information
- 2011 Hospital Daily Charge
- Budget Summary
- Financial Information and Benchmarks
- Cost Shift Information
- Capital Expenditure Information
- Comparative Pricing and Financial Information for All Vermont Community Hospitals
- Discount and Free Care Policies for All Vermont Hospitals
Quality Improvement and Patient Safety Initiatives
Read about the quality improvement projects we have undertaken to make patient care safer and more effective.
Read about strategic initiatives to meet health care needs in our community and opportunities for public participation in strategic planning.
Read about hospital governance, including our public meeting schedule and contact information.
Filing a Complaint
Read information about the hospital complaint process.