VDH: 6th Annual College Symposium
Join Us for the
6th Annual College Symposium
"Creating a Campus Commitment to Substance Abuse Prevention and Assisting Students in Distress"
October 5, 2017
9:30 am - 3:30 pm
Vermont Technical College - Randolph Center, Vermont
Who Should Attend?
- Campus faculty and staff including student affairs and academic assistance, counseling, medical, health and wellness, housing/residential/student life.
- Community partners including community coalitions and prevention professionals , substance abuse counselors.
Erin McClintock, MEd
Director, Prevention Education, EverFI
- Explore current data related to substance abuse and collegiate mental health.
- Outline a framework for effective prevention.
- Learn what best practice institutions are doing to support students' mental health needs as they relate to substance abuse prevention.
- Identify tactics for gaining institutional support around this critical issue.
"Learn What Vermont Higher Education is Doing to Support Students in Distress"
- Johnson State College - Mental Heath First Aid
- Castleton University - Student Support Network
- University of Vermont - Cares Team and Collegiate Recovery
Registration Fee: $35, Breakfast and lunch included.
This event is Sponsored by the Vermont Department of Health
Division of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Programs
For More Information, Contact: